Vintage green waistcoat á la gamekeeper

This green woolen waistcoat is my recent vintage find. When I saw it in the shop I just couldn´t leave it there because it reminded me of some Czech fairy tales I watched as a kid. For some reason the devil was often dressed up as a gamekeeper.
Tato zelená vlněná vestička je můj čerstvý vintage úlovek. Když jsem ji viděla, tak jsem ji v obchodě prostě nemohla nechat, prostě mi příliš připomínala švarné myslivečky, za které jsou v českých pohádkách převlečeni čerti.

fashionista, czech fashion blog, georgiana quaint, gamekeeper waistcoat, pleated skirt, calzedonia tights, tamaris leather shoes, český módní blog, secondhand fashion, 1950s silhouette
all photos by Y


I quite like waistcoats and have quite a collection from my mother but sometimes I feel like I don´t know how to wear them and when to wear them because waistcoats make you feel warm on your body but the arms can be freezing. (But it can be a lifesaver when your back hurts!) This is also the reason why I basically never understood the purpose of fur vests or down vests, they might look good but when are you actually supposed to wear them? Certainly not in the winter so I suspect these were made just for movies, later on for fashion bloggers and somehow ended up in the mainstream fashion where people are trying to implement them and are either freezing or cooking in it.
Vestičky se mi docela líbí a taky jich pár mám po mami, ale občas jsem trochu bezradná jak je zkombinovat a hlavně kdy je nosit, protože hřejí na těle, zatímco ruce mrznou. (Ale může to být celkem záchrana, pokud zrovna bolí záda.) Tohle je také důvod, proč jsem nikdy nepochopila existenci kožešinových nebo péřových vest. Možná vypadají dobře, ale kdy se sakra mají nosit? Určitě ne v zimě, takže je podezírám, že jsou vynálezem filmařů, v poslední době módních blogerek a odtud se nějak dostaly mezi ostatní lidi, kteří se je snaží nosit a buď u toho mrznou nebo se vaří.

I combined this green waistcoat with black and light grey items in my wardrobe that you have probably already seen in my past outfit posts. The vintage black pleated skirt is one of my favourite pieces. I often wear it with a petticoat to give it extra volume (like in this case) and create the 1950s silhouette vibe. I paired the skirt with tights with stripes that correspond with the pleats but also the light grey Tamaris leather shoes I am wearing.
Tuto zelenou vestu jsem zkombinovala s černými a světle šedými kousky z mého šatníku, které jste již pravděpodobně viděli na mém blogu. Černá plisovaná vintage sukně je jedním z mých oblíbených kousků. Často ji nosím se spodničkou pro extra nadýchanost (jako třeba v tomto případě), aby vytvořila zdání 1950s siluety. Oblékla jsem si k ní pruhované punčocháče, které korespondují se sklady sukně a svou světle šedou barvou s koženými botkami  od Tamaris, které mám obuté.

As a finishing touch I used a small cute brooch with a picture of deer that I placed on a spot of a missing button. I would sweat the button was there when I bought the waistcoat but it is nowhere to be found. In my hand I am holding a black vintage handbag that used to be my grandma´s.
Malou ozdobou na vestě je brož s obrázkem koloucha, kterou jsem "opravila" chybějící knoglík. Přísahala bych, že když jsem vestu kupovala, tak žádný nechyběl, ale nemohu jej nikde najít. V ruce držím černou vintage kabelku po mojí babičce.


fashionista, czech fashion blog, georgiana quaint, gamekeeper waistcoat, pleated skirt, calzedonia tights, tamaris leather shoes, český módní blog, secondhand fashion, 1950s silhouette
| black cotton body | vintage green waistcoat: Textile House | vintage black pleated skirt |
| vintage "pearl" necklace | striped tights: Calzedonia | light grey leather shoes: Tamaris |
| vintage brooch with deer: Aukro.cz | 


fashionista, czech fashion blog, georgiana quaint, gamekeeper waistcoat, pleated skirt, calzedonia tights, tamaris leather shoes, český módní blog, secondhand fashion, 1950s silhouette

fashionista, czech fashion blog, georgiana quaint, gamekeeper waistcoat, pleated skirt, calzedonia tights, tamaris leather shoes, český módní blog, secondhand fashion, 1950s silhouette

Comments

  1. The waistcoat is truly lovely, and I really like all the different styles, shapes and fabrics that come together so brilliantly. The pleats of the skirt with the stripes of your tights is a masterstroke, methinks! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like to combine fabrics, sometimes it comes out interesting.

      Delete
  2. I love the bag :) yay! and oh the cherry blossoms in your background is super nice too. You look simple and elegant in your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cherry blossoms so much, they are so photogenic <3

      Delete
  3. I have the same problem with waistcoats. You matched it very nicely and I love the shades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a great vintage aesthetic , you remind me of someone I know but I can't quite put my finger on it. I like the look of the waistcoat but the black pleated skirt is even cuter x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I have a feeling that the vintage inspired ladies look similar ;)

      Delete
  5. Love you sunnies! They are super cute! I also love the background you took picture at. Where is that?
    http://www.clairebearblogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same about waistcoats, I'm never really sure how/when to wear them. However I really like how you have styled this look :D Very cute outfit :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This outfit loks really cute, loved your pairing up different things . nice waistcoat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very classy outfit which is perfect for the cool weather in the spring or fall. You look very put together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything's just beautiful! I think that you styled this outfit perfectly. I am loving your bag and your tights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are absolutely adorable in your pretty green waistcoat! I love the pairing with the pleated skirt and striped tights. Such a chic and vintage look x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't worn waistcoats before. They don't seem to suit my body shape although that one looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely sunglasses. Red & black are my favorite colors. I'd love to be able to read your post in Czech!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never really thought about wearing a waistcoat, but it really does add something to an outfit. I will have to look our for them in the shops and give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this waistcoat what a great find! The brooch finishes it off beautifully :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an interesting find and I love how the brooch compliments it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a super adorable little outfit !
    REALLY suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! You wear it so well. I think it looks fab and I totally get what you mean about the fairy-tale thing as I thought of Snow White straight away! You've matched it brilliantly and this style really suits you...next time I see a waistcoat on a hanger I'm going to try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input, I will get back to you as soon as possible! :3