Summer girl through Instagram´s eye II

We are officially a few days into autumn but the summer is still holding strong. I checked back on my instastories from the summer months and see I didn´t share as much.

We had some heatwaves this year (which becomes the new normal during the summers nowadays) so I decided to take care of some smaller trees near my home that looked almost dry and was bringing a water bottle with me when going out and watered them in the hopes that it will help to keep them alive... and it probably did help, one was looking really bad before I started this newly acquired routine and at the end of August it had some fresh green leaves despite not having a drop of rain for weeks, so I was really happy about this. I guess even a small deed can make a difference.

I was tending to my balcony garden a lot and was stocking it with flowers in bloom. Here and there some "dead" pots surprised me when something started growing there again and I realized that the flower that was there before probably had some still alive dormant roots and it was able to grow a new plant again.

Later is the summer I started foraging herbs and fruits, whatever was available at the time. I did not have luck with blueberries and mushrooms this year, though there is still time for some mushroom picking.

Již pár dní máme oficiálně podzim, ale léto se nás stále vytrvale drží. Když jsem se podívala zpět na své instastories z léta, zjistila jsem, že jsem toho zas tak moc nesdílela.

I letos nás zasáhly vlny veder (v posledních letech se to stalo již novým normálem), tak jsem se rozhodla chodit zalévat pár stromků v okolí mého bydliště, které vypadaly dost špatně, takřka definitivně uschle. Na skoro každou vycházku jsem si brala láhev s vodou a doufala, že ta trocha vláhy je pomůže udržet při životě, což se nakonec podařilo. Koncem srpna jsem již mohla pozorovat nové malé zelené lístky, které se objevily navzdory několikatýdennímu suchu. Měla jsem z toho ohromnou radost. Evidentně i troška může být velkou pomocí.

Obhospodařovala jsem svou balkonovou zahradu a přidávala do ní jednu kvetoucí rostlinu za druhou. U několika "mrtvých" květníků se mi stalo, že v nich znovu vzkypěl život. Původní rostlina v nich zřejmě zanechala kořeny a ty dokázaly vyhnat novou rostlinu.

Později v létě jsem začala letošní sběr bylinek a ovoce, toho, co zrovna dozrává. Letos jsem neměla štěstí na borůvky a houby, i když na houbaření máme ještě čas.


summer girl instagram, georgiana quaint


Comments