DIY Alphabet dress

fashion blogger, personal style, lolita, diy, selfmade, dress, pin-up, quaintrelle, georgiana quaint



This is probably the last wintery outfit photo. I took it last week when it suddenly started snowing during the night although noone was actually expecting it anymore this year. I woke up, looked out of the window and saw this winter wonderland but by the afternoon the snow was gone. And I guess we will not see it till the next year. Well it is about time for the spring to start finally! You can look forward to many pictures with cherry blossom trees because their time is coming. I was really surprised to find out that there is a map of Japanese isles indicating the time when the cherry blossom trees will be in the bloom. I was actually thinking it would be cool to create something similar but in a lesser scale - for my city - but I already have it in my mind (more or less) when and where the trees are blooming. And you know what? I also cannot wait to smell lilacs again.
In these photos I am wearing a dress I made some time ago. I really loved the fabric when I saw it for the first time. These patterns are also very user friendly for seamstresses because the squares provide you some orientation when cutting the fabric. The black velvet vest with golden buttons is vintage and I totally love it, it belonged to my mother.  From the look of the wrong side of the vest I guess it was homemade because it does not have a proper lining and the finishing of it looks somehow homemade. Under the dress I am wearing a body, which is a great help in the times you are wearing tights that tend to slide down. I tied my hair in a once very popular bun hairdo and tied a scarf around it to clean up the mess of my hair around the bun. Have you already
read my post about this type of hairdo?


fashion blogger, personal style, lolita, diy, selfmade, dress, pin-up, quaintrelle, georgiana quaint
 
fashion blogger, personal style, lolita, diy, selfmade, dress, pin-up, quaintrelle, georgiana quaint

Comments