The story of dressing gown

If you are following my Instagram Stories (that I have been neglecting a bit lately because of vacation with no wi-fi access) you could have already seen a sneak peek of this dressing gown. It is my newest item in my wardrobe and I totally love it. I bought it in France where I was visiting small towns mostly in Gascony. This dressing gown from Pimkie has a beautiful machine embroidery that is inspired by the traditional embroideries you could find on Japanese kimonos. There are beautiful cranes and flowers. There are a few beads on the front (that are never on traditional kimonos) but they are ok, not too much disturbing.
Pokud sledujete mé Instagram Stories (které jsem v poslední době trochu zanedbávala kvůli dovolené bez wi-fi), pak jste již tento župánek mohli tahlédnout. Je mým nejnovějším přírůstkem v šatníku a naprosto jej zbožňuji. Koupila jsem si jej během mého výletu do Francie, kde jsem navštěvovala menší města převážně v gaskoňsku. Tento župánek z Pimkie má překrásné strojové výšivky, které jsou inspirované tradičními výšivkami na japonských kimonech. Najdete na něm jeřáby a květiny. Na přednicích je i pár korálků (které tedy na tradičních kimonech nenajdete), ale jsou ok, nepůsobí příliš rušivě.

pimkie dressing gown, jamanese kimono embroidery, pimkie france, dressing gown outfit, personal style blog, georgiana quaint, crane embroidery, czech blogger, kimono dressing gown, kimono pimkie




And now more to the story - how I bought this dressing gown. I saw it for the first time in Toulouse in the Pimkie shop window. I liked it very much but was not giving it much thought, besides, the shop was already closed. Then I encountered it in Albi, I admired it once again and even took a few photos of it in the shop window (apparently Pimkie has unified visual merchandising when it comes to all their shop windows, I find it interesting but why not, after all it is a clothing chain and it needs to communicate the same message everywhere). In Albi I promised myself I will buy it when I return back home to the Czech Republic.
A teď více k historce - jak jsem tento župánek kupovala. prvně jsem jej viděla v Toulouse ve výloze obchodu Pimkie. Moc se mi líbil, ale nijak víc jsem o něm nepřemýšlela, stejně už měli zavřeno. Podruhé jsem jej viděla ve výloze v Albi (Pimkie má evidentně sjednocený visual merchandising všech svých výloh, je to zajímavé, ale konec konců proč ne, jde o oděvní řetězec a snaží se všude působit stejným způsobem). V Albi jsem si slíbila, že až se vrátím do ČR, zajdu do Pimkie a koupím si ho.

pimkie dressing gown, jamanese kimono embroidery, pimkie france, dressing gown outfit, personal style blog, georgiana quaint, crane embroidery, czech blogger, kimono dressing gown, kimono pimkie

I was gone from the city when I realized that it happened quite a few times that brands do not distribute everything in all countries. At least not to the Czech Republic, oficially it is because we have allegedly different taste in fashion (and when it comes to food also, haha) and they believe it would not sell. I started to hope then that I will see Pimkie once again (and open) and will be able to buy the dressing gown and I did! In the last town I visited on my trip through France - in Carcassonne. So I finally have a light dressing gown suitable for hot summers. I wanted to sew one for myself, I even have fabrics but I don´t have a sewing machine now (it is actually few months now), I am in process of choosing which one to buy - in case you have any tips or bad experience you can share them in the comments, I will be happy.
Ve chvíli, kdy jsem město již opouštěla mi došlo, že značky často nedistribuují stejné zboží do všech zemí, alespoň ne do ČR. Oficiálně prý máme jiný vkus (dokonce i když jde o potraviny, haha) a prý by se zboží neprodalo. Začala jse,m tedy doufat, že ještě na Pimkie narazím (a že bude otevřeno) a župánek si koupím ve Francii a nakonec se mi to povedlo! V posledním městě, které jsem ve Francii navštívila, v Carcassonnu. Tak mám konečně župánek vhodný na horké letní dny. Chtěla jsem si nějaký ušít, dokonce bych i měla látky, ale v současnosti nemám šcí stroj (vlastně už pár měsíců), jsem v procesu vybírání si nového stroje - pokud máte nějaké tipy nebo špatné zkušenosti, budu ráda, když se o ně v komentářích podělíte.

pimkie dressing gown, jamanese kimono embroidery, pimkie france, dressing gown outfit, personal style blog, georgiana quaint, crane embroidery, czech blogger, kimono dressing gown, kimono pimkie

pimkie dressing gown, jamanese kimono embroidery, pimkie france, dressing gown outfit, personal style blog, georgiana quaint, crane embroidery, czech blogger, kimono dressing gown, kimono pimkie



Comments

  1. Very stunning!! And a fun read too, I'm glad you finally found the gown!
    Adi xx
    fancycorrectitude.com
    instagram.com/fancycorrectitude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know, it is a craziness before I decide on buying something :D

      Delete
  2. I always love a kimono. I can make them and I have done so before but it doesn't happen often because there are only so many I can have, really

    https://retrocasual.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, kimonos are not that difficult to create, especiall with some practice. The worst thing is to find a fabric.

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty dressing gown, just the sort of thing that my daughter would really love x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that gown. Very chic and the pink colour is right up my street. Lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good dressing gown for making you feel truly pampered, and this one is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is stunning detailing on it! We are hoping to visit France next year

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I love the embroidery on it! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input, I will get back to you as soon as possible! :3