My January through InstaStories


Wow the time flies so quickly! Do you feel like February is so short too? Even though it is just two three days shorter then the other months?... but back to January. The real winter finally came (the one we would love to have during Christmas, but no, the white Christmas are coming in January). The beginning of January unfortunately means that the Christmas tree needs to be removed from home because it starts shedding the needles, so the Christmas mood and celebrations are ended (but I am not dropping the "hygge" fairy lights, I have them at least near my armchair). I was fortunate enough to enjoy the snowdrifts, because I went on a cross-country skiing trip. I was really delighted by the beautiful white scenery everywhere around me at Šumava (you can enjoy a few pics here).
In January I started sewing a bit more again. I bought good scissors for cutting the fabrics finally and it helps a ton! Now I cannot understand why I did not buy such scissors earlier. If you are sewing a lot too and are torturing yourself with some basic scissors I really recommend getting some professional ones, it is a huge difference. It feels like they are cutting by themselves, I might be even worried that they will cut off the corner of the table :D. When sewing from faux leather I appraise more and more my sewing machine Pfaff select 4.2 that has no problems with it. The old Toyota I was using when I was starting out and learning to sew would not handle this at all...
How did you enjoy January?

Teda ten čas letí, ani nevím jak. Také vám připadá únor strašně krátký? Přitom je jen od dva tři dny kratší než jiné měsíce... ale zpátky ještě k lednu. Tehdy nám konečně začala opravdová zima (kterou by si všichni rádi užili už během Vánoc, ale ne ne, bílé Vánoce nastávají až v lednu). Začátek ledna bohužel značí vynášení vánočního stromku ven, protože už začíná opadávat a ukončení vánoční nálady a oslav (ale ta "hygge" světýlka si stejně neodepřu a mám je alespoň u křesla). Podařilo se mi i užít si ty sněhové závěje, protože jsem zase po roce vyrazila na běžky. Byla jsem fakt nadšená z té bílé nádhery všude kolem na Šumavě (na fotky se můžete podívat tady).
V lednu jsem se dala zase více do šití. Pořídila jsem si konečně pořádné nůžky na stříhání a jde to s nimi úplně samo. Vůbec nechápu proč jsem si je nekoupila už před lety. Pokud také šijete a mučíte se s ne úplně dobrýma nůžkama, tak se fakt po nějakých profesionálních poohlédněte, je to obrovský rozdíl a hned je z toho větší radost. Střihají úplně samy, až se skoro bojím, že ustřihnu i roh stolu :D. Při šití věcí z koženky také stále více oceňuji svůj šití stroj Pfaff select 4.2, který si s jejich prošitím umí dobře poradit. Toyota, na které jsem se ušila u našich by si na tomhle vylámala zuby...
Jak jste si užili leden vy?

january instagram stories, january instastories, instagram highlights, georgiana quaint, cross-country skiing trip šumava, pfaff select 4.2 sewing, professional scissors


january instagram stories, january instastories, instagram highlights, georgiana quaint, cross-country skiing trip šumava, pfaff select 4.2 sewing, professional scissors

Comments