My May through Instagram´s eye

May was quite packed with events so I did not even have much time (or strength, to be honest) to post on my blog regularly... and it looks like June will be similar, I am so active that I cannot stop to write and post about it :D. First of all, I bought a new phone in May, a Huawei (only to find about planned boycotts against Huawei by the end of May, well, I still love this phone), I can now enjoy all the little things that were not available on my old phone, because the system was too old and Samsung did not want release system updates anymore. That´s why I chose a different brand.
Tento květen byl pro mě hodně akční, takže jsem si ani nenašla čas (nebo spíše sílu, abych byla upřímná), na blogování... a vypadá to, že červen nebude jiný. Mám v plánu tolik věcí, že o tom nestíhám psát :D V květnu jsem si konečně pořídila nový mobil, Huawei (jen abych později zjistila, že se proti němu plánují všelijaké bojkoty, ale i tak si myslím, že je super), takže si teď mohu užívat všechny vychytávky, které jsem na starém mobilu nemohla mít, protože systém byl příliš zastaralý a Samsung odmítal vydat nové updaty. To je také důvod, proč jsem se rozhodla pro jinou značku.


may instastories, instagram stories, georgiana quaint, new huawei phone, trip to germany, open house praha, half-timber house village, sewing dress, autumn dress

I was travelling quite a lot even though the beginning of the month was unusually cold. I even had to pull out a coat, gloves and berets, I don´t recollect the last time this happened, May is usually quite a hot month. It was not an ideal weather for our trip to Morava and wine tasting event we planned, but at least we were lucky when we decided to hike a bit and enjoy the beautiful hilly nature between Mikulov and Dolní Věstonice. But of course, when we were at the highest point a storm had to come, it is very unpleasant feeling, this is the only instance I fear storms. On the pics below you can see Sirotčí hrádek that was one of the stops on our hike.
Docela dost jsem byla na cestách, i když zpočátku bylo nezvykle chladno. Musela jsem vytáhnout kabát, rukavice a barety. Nepamatuji si, kdy naposled byl květen takhle chladný. Na výletění po Moravě a ochutnávání vína to tedy nebylo ideální, ale alespoň jsme měli štěstí na naši túru po pohořích mezi Mikulovem a Dolními Věstonicemi. Na nejvyšším bodě v širém okolí nás samozřejmě musela dohnat bouřka, což není nic moc, to je jediná chvíle, kdy se bouřek bojím. Na fotkách níže můžete vidět Sirotčí hrádek, což byla jedna ze zastávek naší túře.

Next, I took advantage of the event Open House Praha that opens places to public that are usually closed. I was happy that I was able to make it this year, it is one of my favourite events that is happening each year. The drawback is that it is full of visitors (of course) and sometimes the queues are unbearable. Therefore we chose mostly places with entry without a guide, so we did not have to wait for the entry.
Pak jsem využila příležitost a omrkla pár budov během Open House Praha. OHP otvírá veřejnosti místa, která jsou obvykle uzavřená. Jsem ráda, že jsem se mohla zúčastnit i letos, jde o jednu z mých oblíbených akcí. Nevýhodou je, že přiláká (samozřejmě) hodně návštěvníků a některé fronty rovnou vzdáváme. Tentokrát jsme si proto vybrali objekty, které byly přístupné volně bez průvodce, a proto nebylo nutno čekat na skupinu ve frontě.

Then I finally chose curtains for our bedroom - for about two months we were sleeping without them and it is not ideal. I am using a sleep mask, but it still isn´t that great. I chose and art deco style curtains, once I am ready with sewing them, I am for sure sharing this. In the end it looks like that our bedroom will have an art deco vibe. I always thought that it would be cool, but did not really push for it, because we are not buying antique furniture, everything is new, but somehow it still comes together. Maybe my subconscious mind is making these wonders. I also created a new dress that is a bit autumnal, but hey, it was cold (I even joked that with this weather the Christmas is for sure arriving in July). And this time, I did not forget and quite thoroughly documented the process of sewing. I shared the video on IGTV, I might even release it on YouTube with Czech voiceover later.
Také se mi konečně podařilo vybrat závěsy do ložnice - asi dva měsíce jsme spali bez závěsů, což není ideální. Používám sice masku na spaní, ale není to ono. Vybrala jsem látku s art deco vzorem a až to budu mít ušité, určitě se pochlubím. Nakonec to vypadá, že ložnice by mohla být v nádechu art deco. Vždycky se mi to líbilo, ale ani jsem se o to moc nesnažila, protože nekupujeme starožitný nábytek, vše je nové, ale jaksi to teď do sebe celkem zapadá. Možná se zve projevuje moje podvědomí. Také jsem si ušila další šaty, tak trochu podzimní, ale což, byla zima (dokonce jsem si dělala srandu, že letos snad Vánoce přijdou v červenci). Tentokrát jsem dokonce nezapomínala a podařilo se mi téměř celý proces šití zaznamenat. Video už jsem nasdílela na IGTV, časem ho nejspíš přidám i na YouTube s českým komentářem.

When the last button was sewed, I had to start packing for a four day trip to Germany. We explored beautiful villages with half-timbered buildings, castles, chateaux, parcs. I loved it, it was really my taste and I would like to make a few posts with pics from this trip in the future.
A když jsem přišila na šaty poslední knoflík, byl čas sbalit kufr a vyrazit do Německa na čtyři dny. Prohlédli jsme si krásné vesničky s hrázděnými domy, hrady, zámky, parky. Bylo to úžasné, moc se mi to líbilo a snad se časem donutím udělat pár článků s fotkama z tohoto výletu.




Comments