Handmade orange dress

I finally had a bit of time (and proper weather) to take a few pictures of my latest dress creation. I made this dress in May, right before we traveled to Germany, where I took it with me. I was looking to create an autumn inspired dress, originally to wear during autumn, but this year´s here and there colder days allowed me to wear it immediatelly. The fabric caught Y´s eye when we went shopping for curtains. And at that time I wanted some orange fabric for an autumn dress, so it was a really good timing. This is the first time I created a dress that can be fully opened at the front - there is a lot of buttons (and buttonholes...). I played with the pleating of the waist too, I sew the pleats so they create a bit slimmer silhouette. It looks gorgeous when combined with brown accessories (vintage belt and handbag, my fav comfy sandals).
Konečně jsem měla trochu času (a vhodné počasí) nafotit můj nejčerstvější šatový výtvor. Šaty jsem dokončila už v květnu, těsně předtím než jsme jeli do Německa, kam jely sbalené se mnou. Chtěla jsem si ušít podzimem inspirované šaty, které bych nosila na podzim, ale sem tam chladný den v letošním létě mi dovolil je nosit už ťeď. Látka zaujala Y, když jsme byli kupovat závěsy. A jelikož jsem zrovna tou dobou hledala nějakou tu podzimní látku, šlo o skvělé načasování. Toto je poprvé, co jsem ušila šaty tak, že jdou komplet rozepnout vepředu - je na nich opravdu hodně knoflíků (a knoflíkových dírek...). Také jsem si pohrála s pasem, sklady sukně jsem v horní části sešila, takže vytvářejí štíhlou siluetu. Myslím, že vypadají skvěle s hnědými doplňky (vintage pásek a kabelka a mé oblíbené pohodlné sandály).

handmade autumn dress, georgiana quaint, sewing waist pleats, vintage accessories, orange dress with brown accessories, sewing buttons and buttonholes, podzimní šaty


handmade autumn dress, georgiana quaint, sewing waist pleats, vintage accessories, orange dress with brown accessories, sewing buttons and buttonholes, podzimní šaty


handmade autumn dress, georgiana quaint, sewing waist pleats, vintage accessories, orange dress with brown accessories, sewing buttons and buttonholes, podzimní šaty


handmade autumn dress, georgiana quaint, sewing waist pleats, vintage accessories, orange dress with brown accessories, sewing buttons and buttonholes, podzimní šaty

Comments