Once upon a time... in Hollywood

Last week I have finally seen the new Tarantino movie. I am still thinking about it. I enjoyed it a lot. It was packed with references to Hollywood and although I caught some, I am sure I haven´t recognised many of them. I will not be spoilering the movie for you here but would just recommend to you, if you plan to watch it, to read the trivia about Sharon Tate and the Manson Family. This is playing an important part in the movie and it is building a tension for those who know the story. When reading discussions on Reddit about this movie I realized that people who haven´t heard about it did not understand the role of Sharon in this movie. Others criticised Tarantino, that he didn´t explain the Family etc, but I didn´t feel there was a need to give them any more attention, because they just don´t deserve it and I think that is exactly what Tarantino wanted to say.

Minulý týden jsem konečně viděla nového Tarantina. Stále si na film občas vzpomenu a přemýšlím o něm. Bylo v něm mnoho odkazů na Hollywood, některé jsem pochytila, ale je mi jasné, že mi jich dost uniklo. Film vám nebudu spoilerovat, ale chci vám jen doporučit, abyste si přečetli něco o Sharon Tate a Manson Family než se na něj podíváte. Film na znalosti těchto událostí dost staví a buduje na nich napětí. Když jsem si četla diskuse k filmu na Redditu, zjistila jsem, že lidé, kteří tohle neznali, nechápali význam role Sharon Tate ve filmu a byli celkem ochuzeni o zážitek. Někteří Tarantina kritizovali, protože se hlouběji nezabýval Rodinou atd., ale já s Tarantinem souhlasím a nemyslím si, že by si tito lidé zasloužili více pozornosti a tipla bych si, že přesně tohle tím chtěl Tarantino říct.


once upn a time in hollywood, georgiana quaint
| dress: vintage | handbag: Camaïeu | sandals: OJJU | sunnies: H&M |

once upn a time in hollywood, georgiana quaint

once upn a time in hollywood, georgiana quaint

Comments