#22 Let´s try to...

...live slower. I feel like these days with the internet we are overstimulated. When we have a bit of time, we pull out a mobile and scroll through social media or through websites. We are used to watch videos or listen to podcasts when on the move or while doing some simple houskeeping tasks. We prefer to be stimulated all the time. I propose once in a while to return to the old days. Are you walking somewhere? Focus on the walk, on the movement, on the surroundings. Are you ironing? Focus only on this task and the moves. The other day I somehow forgot to play some (background noise) youtube video while ironing. I was ironing for about one hour without doing anything else, I just concentrated on this task. I must say that I felt psychically relaxed after this and did not feel like I wasted this time when I could have been multitasking and listening to something. It was like a meditation. I just needed to turn my brain off and let it be by itself.

Zkusme...
...žít pomaleji. Myslím si, že v současnosti kolem sebe máme příliš podnětů. Když máme chvilku času, hned vytáhneme mobil a scrolujeme sociálné sítě a weby. Když někam jdeme či jedeme, pustíme si video nebo podcast. Dáváme přednost tomu, aby nás něco neustále zabavovalo. Navrhuji proto, abychom se občas vrátili k dřevním dobám bez internetu. Jdete někam? Soustřeďte se na chůzi, na pohyb, který vykonáváte, na vaše okolí. Žehlíte? Soustřeďte se na tento úkol a vaše pohyby. Tuhle jsem si při žehlení zapomněla pustit youtube video jako "hudební" kulisu. Žehlila jsem asi hodinu, aniž bych měla něco puštěného a soustředila jsem se jen na tento úkol. Musím říct, že jsem si během toho krásně psychicky odpočinula a ani jsem neměla pocit, že jsem promrhala čas, kdy jsem mohla multitaskovat a ještě něco poslouchat. Bylo to jako meditace. Prostě jsem vypla mozek a nechala jej být o samotě.

let´s try to live slower, lifestyle advice slow living, žijme pomaleji, georgiana quaint, why don´t you live slower

Comments