Cherry blossoms III

I think this will be the last cherry blossoms set for this spring. Although I know about some more cherry blossom alleys, I am not really willing to travel through the city in these nonsensical times just for a photoshoot, because I wouldn´t have any other agenda there, I think. But maybe all will get better soon or I might find some pressing agenda there after all.
I dressed myself up in my newest creation - a summer dress from a lovely sheer fabric. The collage of photos is a sneak peak into the process of sewing them. From the beginning I decided not to hem the edges of the fabric to allow it to move freely as I move. The hems would weight it down. At first I let it be, but notices some fraying here and there, which made me a bit nervous. Then I remembered that every time I get a new book I treat the ribbon bookmark with a glue or nailpolish to prevent it from fraying (sometimes I even fix books borrowed from the public library, a bit OCD I guess). I decided to apply the same method on the visible hems of this dress. I went for a transparent nailpolish to be able to wash it in water.
Now I can put it back on the hanger, shove it into the wardrobe and wait till the day I will be able to properly enjoy it (without a mask ideally).

Myslím si, že toto zřejmě bude pro letošní jaro poslední set fotek se sakurami. Sice vím ještě o několika alejích ve městě, kde teprve pokvetou, ale nechce se mi tam cestovat v těchto divných časech jen za účelem pořízení pár fotek, jelikož bych tam pravděpodobně neměla žádný jiný cíl. Ale možná, že se situace brzy zlepší, anebo si přeci jen nějakou tu pochůzku na dané lokace vymyslím.
Na těchto fotkách na sobě mám můj nejnovější výtvor - letní šaty z lehké splývavé látky. Koláž fotek dole nabízí malý náhled do procesu šití. Od začátku jsem odmítala tuto látku začistit klasickým zahnutím a sešitím látky. Chtěla jsem, aby se látka mohla volně pohybovat spolu se mnou a takové začistění by ji zatížilo. Zpočátku jsem ji nechala tak, jak je, nijak neošetřenou. Brzy jsem si ale všimla začínajícího párání, což mě trochu znervóznilo. Pak jsem si vzpomněla na můj zvyk zalepit či zalakovat stužkové záložky nových knih, aby se nepáraly (občas takhle opravuji i knihy půjčené z knihovny, trochu OCD). Rozhodla jsem se tedy tuto metodu použít i na lemy těchto šatů a průhledným lakem na nehty, abych šaty mohla prát, je začistila.
A teď je mohu pověsit zpátky na ramínko a uklidit do skříně, kde budou čekat na svou příležitost dokud si je nebudu moci pořádně užít (ideálně bez roušky).

handmade summer dress, sheer summer dress, georgiana quaint, cherry blossom season, pink blooms

handmade summer dress, sheer summer dress, georgiana quaint, cherry blossom season, pink blooms

handmade summer dress, sheer summer dress, georgiana quaint, cherry blossom season, pink blooms

handmade summer dress, sheer summer dress, georgiana quaint, cherry blossom season, pink blooms

handmade summer dress, sheer summer dress, georgiana quaint, cherry blossom season, pink blooms

Comments