December through Instagram´s eye | Yule edition 🎄

Ah, long time no see here, though I was a bit active on the Instagram, mostly adding stories. They are just little bits and pieces from the mosaic of my life, almost unintentionally captured moments without any futher context. Soon I hope to wrap up a few of my bigger sewing projects and share the whole process here on my blog. Unfortunately I sometimes like to procrastinate when I meet some "problem", like buttons or something does not work how I expected, or when I start another project and the previous one gets postponed...

Ah, dlouho jsme se tady nepotkali, že? Byla jsem ale pořád trošku aktivní na Instastories. Jsou to takové malé střípky z mého života bez jakéhokoliv kontextu. Brzy už snad dokončím pár šicích projektů, na kterých s pauzami dělám a nasdílím na blog celý proces. Bohužel s oblibou prokrastinuji, když dojdu do určité fáze (např. ke knoflíkům), nebo když se s nadšením vrhnu do nového projektu, tak ten předchozí odložím na později...


yule instagram, yule stories, christmas time, new year´s eve movie marathon, georgiana quaint, český blog, sewing projects of 2021, šijeme kabát


Lately I have mostly stayed away from sewing new things and dived into repairing and re-sewing things that I already have and they either got damaged when I wore them or garments that I am not satisfied with and I feel like they need to be re-done a bit to reach their full potential. Sometimes it even bars me from wearing them as there might be a detail that bothers me so much... the struggles of a perfectionist.

Poslední dobou se snažím nezačínat nové věci, ale spíše se vrhám do oprav nebo předělávání oblečení, které už mám a buď z nějakého důvodu potřebuje opravu, anebo s daným kouskem nejsem z nějakého důvodu spokojená a myslím si, že je třeba ho předělat, aby dosáhl svého plného potenciálu. Občas mě nějaký detail natolik štve, že jej ani nenosím... prostě problémy perfekcionisty.


My current big project I am working on is a petrol blue winter coat that my mum started sewing for me about fifteen years ago (basically her "UFO" = UnFinished Object). And now I said I will finish it. The fit is surprisingly fine, there was a lot of allowance in the panels, I even had to take it in so that it doesn´t hang on me.

Mým současným velkým projektem je petrolejově modrý zimní kabát, který pro mě moje mamka začala šít tak patnáct let zpátky. A teď jsem se rozhodla jej dokončit. Dokonce mi i je, jelikož byl střižen s rezervou ve švech. Někde jsem jej dokonce i musela zabírat, aby na mě příliš nevisel.


This year´s Christmas I did and did not enjoy, I guess it depends on the perspective. It was definitely a calm time for me, as at the beginning of December I was sick and therefore couldn´t do much, no pre-Christmas running around malls and stressing over everything (not that I do this, but I usually cave in the end and go to a mall like twice during this time), I did some baking at the last minute, which made me happy. Especially all my new cookie cutters I got in November (theres´s a dinosaur and a unicorn, a car, a train! and so much more). I also did not watch any fairytales, but we had our usual horror movies marathon on the New Year´s.

Letošní vánoce jsem si užila i neužila, asi záleží na perspektivě. Byl to pro mě rozhodně čas klidu. Začátkem prosince jsem totiž byla nemocná a nemohla jsem tedy být moc aktivní, takže ani žádné předvánoční pochůzky a běhání po obchodech (sice to stejně nemám moc ve zvyku, ale stejně se občas někam podívám). Cukroví jsem pekla na poslední chvíli a dělalo mi to radost (asi díky novým vykrajovátkům - dinosaurus, jednorožec, autíčko, lokomotiva a další!) Na pohádky mi nakonec moc času nezbylo, ale měli jsme náš obvyklý hororový maraton na Silvestra.


And how about you?

A co ty?



yule instagram, yule stories, christmas time, new year´s eve movie marathon, georgiana quaint, český blog, sewing projects of 2021, šijeme kabát

Comments