The cherry blossoms of 2022 II

Pleated skirts and dresses are my jam. There is a high change that when I spot something pleated hanging on a hanger in a shop I will go and at least look at it. And when it is a dress? That usually is a love at first sight!

Plisované sukně a šaty jsou mí oblíbenci. Pokud něco takového zahlédnu viset na ramínku v obchodě, rozhodně se na to půjdu podívat blíže. A pokud jsou to rovnou celé šaty, tak to bývá láska na první pohled.


The pleats are so interesting design detail just by themselves that they look the best on a fabric without any pattern, though there can be exceptions, for sure. And this simplicity draws me to them.

Plisování je samo o sobě natolik zajímavým detailem na oděvu, že mu stačí jednobarevná látka bez vzoru, výjimky ale určitě také existují. A právě tato jednoduchost mě na plisovaných oděvech baví.


I enjoyed when my mum told me stories how she would buy a fabric in a fabric store and then have it pleated, because years back such services existed and it wasn´t something rare. She would choose the type of the pleats or in which direction would they be done. In these days I am really not sure where to go with such request, maybe there could be some company still doing this in the capital city? Not sure if they´d do it just for a few meters of fabric that would be just for my use or if they would expect some bigger commission, like for some fashion designer.

Když mi mami vyprávěla, jak si dříve nechávala dělat plisování látky třebas na sukni, tak mě to fascinovalo. mohla si vybírat ze vzoru plisování nebo jakým směrem bude po látce vedeno. Tehdy taková služba nebyla vzácná. V dnešní době fakt nevím, kam bych se s takovým požadavkem vydala. Možná v hlavním městě by to mohl ještě někdo děla, ale vzali by jen malou zakázku na pár metrů látky jen pro mou potřebu? Nebo by rovnou chtěli větší zakázku na výrobu jako pro nějakého módního návrháře, co vyrobí více kusů?


Inspired by this I also informed myself on DIY pleating. Usually some kind of a paper is used, then the fabric is somehow caught in it and then you need to be handy with an iron. I didn´t try it (yet), though I am tempted. When I have a piece of a suitable leftover fabric that could be destroyed by running such experiments, I intend to try this on my own. 

Pro zajímavost jsem si zjišťovala i možnosti, jak si plisovat látky doma svépomocí. Ve většině návodů figuruje papír, do něhož se nějakým způsobem látka uchytí a pak žehlička v šikovné ruce. Zatím jsem tento postup nezkoušela, ale láká mě to. Až budu mít vhodný zbytek látky na takové experimentování, tak si s tím zkusím pohrát.


Anyways, here are some photos of my nude pleated dress that sparked the brainstorming about pleats above.

Nu nic, níže je pár fotek mých plisovaných šatů v tělové barvě, které mě inspirovaly k zamyšlení výše.


cherry blossoms, H and M pleated nude dress in vintage style, romantic core, princess core georgiana quaint

cherry blossoms, H and M pleated nude dress in vintage style, romantic core, princess core georgiana quaint

| dress: H&M | shoes: Moser Trachten in Regensburg (s.Oliver) |

cherry blossoms, H and M pleated nude dress in vintage style, romantic core, princess core georgiana quaint

cherry blossoms, H and M pleated nude dress in vintage style, romantic core, princess core georgiana quaint

cherry blossoms, H and M pleated nude dress in vintage style, romantic core, princess core georgiana quaint

Comments

  1. I've been put off pleats because it was my school uniform skirt. Still can't wear them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand, I´d be put off too if I were made to wear something without having a choice.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input, I will get back to you as soon as possible! :3