Handmade Halloween dress

After some time I can show you another one of my finished (emphasis on the word finished) sewing project. Since the fabric had a halloween themed print the deadline was quite clearly set - finish it during October. I used one of my most used initial bodice patterns that I altered slightly to make the bodice fit better. At the beginning I was intending to sew the straps from the same fabric, however I couldn´t decide which row of print to use and had continuous doubts about it. Finally it occured to me that I can use another plain black fabric to make these straps that can be tied in a bow. I was considering a black velvet ribbons as well, however velvet seemed to be a too "heavy" fabric compared to the main cotton fabric of the dress.

Po nějaké době se mohu opět pochlubit dokončeným (důraz na toto slovo) šicím projektem. Jelikož jde o šaty z látky s halloweenskou tématikou, tak jsem v podstatě měla deadline jasný - stihnout to během října. Využila jsem jeden z mých oblíbených výchozích střihů, který jsem pak ještě trochu poupravila, aby mi živůtek seděl lépe. Původně jsem zvažovala udělat ramínka ze stejné látky, ale nemohla jsem se rozhodnout který pruh potisku na ně dát, pořád mně to nějak nepasovalo, až mě nakonec napadl spásný nápad použít další čistě černou látku, kterou jsem měla doma a udělat čistě černá ramínka na zavazování. Chvíli byly ve hře i černé sametové stuhy, ale sametka mi připadala možná až moc "těžká" ke zbytku této bavlněné látky, ze které jsou šaty ušité.


DIY, handmade retro halloween dress, Georgiana Quaint, sewing blog, šicí projekt, český blog

DIY, handmade retro halloween dress, Georgiana Quaint, sewing blog, šicí projekt, český blog

DIY, handmade retro halloween dress, Georgiana Quaint, sewing blog, šicí projekt, český blog

Even though I had about two meters of the fabric for this dress I was quite limited when cutting it because I had to be careful about the continuity of the different prints of each stripe. One skirt panel is cut and sewn together horizontally because otherwise the stripes would not match or I would not have the fullness of the skirt that I wanted.

Ačkoliv jsem měla koupeno kolem dvou metrů látky, byla jsem při stříhání dost omezena nutností navazovat pruhy s různým vzorem, takže jsem musela být trochu kreativní a dávat si hodně pozor co, jak a kde přesně stříhám. Jeden panel sukně je horizontálně přestřižen a sešit, protože by mi to jinak vzorově nevycházelo. 


DIY, handmade retro halloween dress, Georgiana Quaint, sewing blog, šicí projekt, český blog

Finally I would like to point out that the dress has a pocket of course (made of a grey fabric that I had left from another project) that can be closed by a zipper. I want to properly anchor the pocket to the waist with a tie so that it doesn´t drag the side of the dress when there is something heavier, like a mobile phone.

Závěrem podotknu, že šaty mají samozřejmě i kapsu (z šedé látky, co mi zbyla z jiného projektu), tentokráte i uzavíratelnou na zip. Ještě ji chci ukotvit k pasu poutkem, aby se nebimcala a netáhla  tuto stranu šatů dolů, když v ní bude něco těžšího, třeba mobil.


DIY, handmade retro halloween dress, Georgiana Quaint, sewing blog, šicí projekt, český blog

DIY, handmade retro halloween dress, Georgiana Quaint, sewing blog, šicí projekt, český blog

Check out my previous halloween themed dress sewing project from year 2019.

Omrkněte i můj předchozí halloweenský šicí projekt z roku 2019.

Comments