Abstract spring for a whimsigoth

It is spring and I feel like incorporating more colour into my wardrobe again. With this outfit I started with picking a skirt that I upcycled from an older hand-me-down clothing item. I was drawn to the abstract print of the fabric a lot. When wearing it I also noticed that the fabric is actually quite lightweight so it flows very nicely as I move. 

I matched it with a vintage blouse that has a very similar light green colour. Since the blouse is transparent and the temperatures are not that high yet, I put another layer on it - a perfect corporate goth black velvet vest that was handed-me-down as well. 

Since I needed some comfort for my feet on that day I wore my favourite pair of Converse shoes that are already kinda falling apart. I already tried to mend these with an embroidery, but their decay is continting as I wear them (a lot). 

And the yellow handbag seemed like an obvious choice for another cheerful pop of colour to finish the whle outfit. I also added a little detail on the pocket of the skirt - the bee brooch. Overall, I think I might have come close to the whimsigoth aesthetic with this ´fit.


Se začátkem jara mám opět náladu na více barev v mém oblečení. Tento outfit jsem začala skládat od sukně, kterou jsem si přešila z jiného poděděného kusu oblečení. Velmi se mi líbí abstraktní potisk této látky. Navíc jsem si všimla, že jde o velmi lehkou látku, která při pohybu hezky splývá.

Sukni jsem doplnila vintage blůzou v podobné světle zelené barvě. Jelikož je lehoučká, průhledná, navrstvila jsem na ni dokonale corporate goth vestu z černého sametu, kterou jsem také podědila.

Jelikož jsem ten den potřebovala pohodlnou obuv, vybrala sjem si své oblíbené Conversky, které se už dobře rozpadají. Už jsem se je jednu pokoušela opravit výšivkou břečťanových listů, ale jejich rozpad nadále pokročil, nosím je totiž pravdu hodně.

Na závěr jsem přidala žlutou kabelku jako další veselý barevný akcent a na kapsu sukně připnula brož včelky. Ve výsledku mám docela whimsigoth outfit.



vintage spring skirt with abstract print, yellow handbag, corporate goth black velvet vest, whimsigoth outfir aesthetic, georgiana quaint, embroidered Converse shoes with ivy leaves, upcyled vintage clothes
| upcycled skirt with abstract print | corporate goth hand-me-down black velvet vest |
| transparent light green vintage blouse | yellow handbag: Camaïeu |
| embroidered Converse shoes | grey tights: Calzedonia |

vintage spring skirt with abstract print, yellow handbag, corporate goth black velvet vest, whimsigoth outfir aesthetic, georgiana quaint, embroidered Converse shoes with ivy leaves, upcyled vintage clothes

vintage spring skirt with abstract print, yellow handbag, corporate goth black velvet vest, whimsigoth outfir aesthetic, georgiana quaint, embroidered Converse shoes with ivy leaves, upcyled vintage clothes

vintage spring skirt with abstract print, yellow handbag, corporate goth black velvet vest, whimsigoth outfir aesthetic, georgiana quaint, embroidered Converse shoes with ivy leaves, upcyled vintage clothes
¨
yellow daffodiles

Comments