Things that bring me happiness #2 summer edition

Today´s blogpost will be another invitation into my world of little vanities. This time it will be rather a summer edition.
I am really happy about this hat that I bought recently just at a cheap price. I really like its shape and the big bow at the back. The light natural colour is very pretty. It is great that the design is not over the top as can be sometimes unfortunatelly seen on some summer hats.
In these days my "garden" at home gives me a lot of joy. I have roses in flowerpots (although one was recently attacked by some pest, so I had to buy a pesticide... perfect rose for a Sleeping Beauty...), I have lavender in a flower box and am hoping to grow a whole lavender "field" on my balcony...  The Kalanchoes are doing very well in the flower box as well as hot peppers, from which I make a spicy oil (the oil needs to boil a bit with the peppers so the spicyness gets into the oil, but beware the peppers are wet, so it will sizzle and spit).

Dnešní blogový příspěvek je již druhé okénko do mých malých marnivých radostí. Tentokráte jde spíše o takovou letní edici.
Velkou radost mi dělá tento klobouček, který jsem si nedávno pořídila, a to dokonce jen za pár kaček. Moc se mi líbí jeho tvar, který velmi dobře drží, a i ta velká mašle naaranžovaná vzadu. Líbí se mi, že je v neutrální světlé přírodní barvě, má styl, ale zároveň není přeplácaný, což se bohužel u některých letních klobouků stává.
V současnosti mám také velkou radost z mé domácí "zahrádky". Pěstuju růže v květnících (i když do jedné se mi teď dali škůdci, takže jsem je musela otrávit... jak pro Růženku...), pěstuju levanduli v truhlíku a doufám, že ji pěkně rozmnožím do více truhlíků. Chtěla bych takové levandulové pole na balkonu... Velmi se daří mým kalanchoím v truhlíku i pálivým papričkám, ze kterých teď dělám olej (olej se musí zahřát, aby do sebe nasákl pálivost papriček, ale pozor, čerstvá paprička je vlhká, takže to bude prskat).

things that bring me happiness, little neccessities, orange tree, cosmetics bag, georgiana quaint, new summer hat, ascher mad silkman book

I am seriously thinking about buying this book about Ascher ("the mad silkman"). I really enjoyed the exhibition, but was not sure if I should buy the book too. After all we don´t have that much space to store every book ever. So I borrowed it from the library and I like it. I think I will borrow it a few more times and then decide if I should really buy it. I just want to talk about its beautiful textile cover. The flowers go from the cover even to the sides of the book. it is really well made.
Vážně zvažuji nákup knihy o Ascherovi ("šíleném hedvábníku"). Výstava se mi moc líbila, ale nebyla jsem si jistá, jestli kupovat doprovodnou publikaci. Přecijen je docela problém skladovat knihy, člověk má doma omezený prostor. Půjčila jsem si ji z knihovny a líbí se mi. Ještě si ji nejspíše párkrát půjčím a pak se rozhodnu, zda brát nebo ne. Chtěla bych ale upozornit na krásný obal knihy. Je látkový a květiny z něj přecházejí i na kraje knihy, kde jsou listy. Je to moc hezky zpracované.


things that bring me happiness, little neccessities, orange tree, cosmetics bag, georgiana quaint, new summer hat, ascher mad silkman book

Yesterday I was able to repot my orange tree, because I was finally able to buy a substrate for citruses. The tree really deserved a bigger pot for some time, so now, it can happily grow and expand. I even noticed a tiny green berry = the future orange :)
Včera jsem přesazovala můj pomerančovník, protože jsem konečně v OBI sehnala substrát pro citrusy. Už si to zasloužil, připadalo mi, že byl v nepoměrně menším květníku. Teď si může s radostí expandovat. Dokonce jsem objevila i maličkou zelenou bobulku = budoucí pomeranč :)


things that bring me happiness, little neccessities, orange tree, cosmetics bag, georgiana quaint, new summer hat, ascher mad silkman book

The last thingie is just a little thing from Tiger, I bought it at Karlovy Vary. It is a little cosmetic bag with a crab. Its size and shape perfectly fits into my big cosmetic bag, with which I travel everywhere. I just needed some little bag in which I would put all the decorative cosmetics and pins etc. so it won´t travel around the big bag.
Poslední kousek je taková maličkost, blbost z Tigera, kterou jsem si přivezla z Karlových Varů. Jde o kosmetickou taštičku s rakem. Velikostí a tvarem se mi dost hodí do mé velké kosmetické tašky, kterou vozím všude. Jen jsem potřebovala něco, do čeho dám kosmetické maličkosti a sponky, aby mi nepobíhaly po celé té větší taštičce.


things that bring me happiness, little neccessities, orange tree, cosmetics bag, georgiana quaint, new summer hat, ascher mad silkman book

Comments