3 tips for stylish horror series to watch this Halloween season

Last year I shared blogpost with tips on stylish giallo horror movies. This year I thought I will share some of my favourite series, since we all have to spend more time at home than ever...

Vloni jsem se podělila o tipy na stylové giallo horory. Letos se podělím o mé oblíbené hororové seriály, protože teď trávíme doma více času než kdy jindy...

stylish horror series for halloween night, georgiana quaint, movie tips, series tips


American Horror Story: season 5 - Hotel

Art Deco interiors, high fashion of the early 20th century, vampires, Evan Peters´ Transatlantic accent - do I need to say more? Hotel is one of my favourite seasons of AHS (and yes, Lady Gaga´s and Liz´s  costumes play a big part in this). Unfortunately, like all AHS seasons, the ending could have been a bit better, but I am not mad at it.

Interiéry ve stylu art deco, vysoká krejčovina ze zlatých dvacátých, upíři, transatlantický přízvuk postavy Evana Peterse - je třeba něco dodávat? Hotel patří k mým nejoblíbenějším sériím AHS (a ano, kostýmy Lady Gaga a Liz se na tom podílejí vysokou mírou). Bohužel, jako všechny sezóny AHS, je konce trochu slabší, ale zas tak moc mě to neštve.



Black Mirror S03E01 - Nosedive

I tried to watch a few Black Mirror episodes, but to be honest, a lot of them were too distressing to me emotionally, so I stopped, because I did not want to torture myself. However I really liked one episode that actually introduced the Black Mirror series to me - Nosedive. Its topic is very close to me - Instagram - but if it went too far. What is fascinating me about this episode is that the characters live in a world that looks like an Instagram filter. And also, they wear pretty pastel clothes to look as pleasant and likeable on the surface as possible.

Na pár epizod Black Mirror jsem se podívala, ale abych byla upřímná, brzy jsem to vzdala, jelikož mě to celkem emocionálně vyčerpávalo a já se nechtěla mučit. Velice se mi však líbila epizoda Nosedive, která mi vlastně tento seriál představila. Téma tohoto dílu je mi velmi blízké - Instagram - ale kdyby to zašlo příliš daleko. Co mě na tomto dílu fascinovalo bylo to, že celý jejich svět vypadal jako instagramový filtr. A také všechno to oblečení pastelových barev, které mělo vytvářet co nejlepší první dojem.




Scream Queens - season 1

I will include this one, although it is a horror just partially. The series Scream Queens (only the first season!) is a hillarious parody of "mean girls" genre, glossing the US events at the time it was made (yop, the video below is parodizing a real event) and a horror at the same time. The fashion in this series is jaw dropping. And all is happening during the Halloween season.

Tento seriál zahrnu také, i když jde o horor jen částečně. Seriál Scream Queens (jen první série!) je neuvěřitelně vtipná parodie teenage filmů, glosuje tehdejší americkou kulturu (ano, video níže opravdu paroduje skutečnou událost) a navrch je to ještě horor. Móda je v tomto seriálu dokonalá a všechno se odehrává v období Halloweenu.


Comments