Foxes & owls

I have to admit that this weekend was a bit depressing to me. I will let you in on this little "secret" of mine - I am planning my wedding, it is supposed to take place on Halloween or Samhain. A perfect date for me because I adore Halloween, in some cultures it is the end of the year and the beginning of the new one, also the Moon will be in a perfect phase and it will actually be a "blue moon" (second full moon in one calendar month, quite a rarity). However Covid... and our government that has no concept when trying to deal with it. So, even though they were promissing that everyone will be informed in time to be able to tweak wedding plans, cut guests etc., we are suddenly talking lockdown volume 2... Why? Looks like the polls didn´t have the outcome the current government desired, lol.

To cheer myself up I wanted to go for a walk to enjoy some autumnal folliage and take a few photos of a dress I have just finished. And Y wanted to cheer me up as well, so he wanted to take those photos. The dress is made of a lovely soft cotton fabric with an autumnal pattern of foxes and owls. I am certainly sharing some photos from the sewing process, because this time I took a few pics, yay! (You can see the process of creation here.) The pattern itself is one of my usual ones, but I was playing a bit more with the sleeves. I was actually testing a sleeve pattern that I wanted to use on my wedding dress. The wedding dress itself is not yet finished but it is coming together quite nicely and so far I am proud of them. Fingers crossed that they will be worn...

Hned na začátek musím přiznat, že tento víkend byl pro mě  celkem depresivní. Prozradím vám "tajemství" - plánuji svou svatbu, která se má konat na Halloween nebo také Samhain. Pro mě dokonalé datum, protože zbožňuji Halloween, v některých kulturách jde o konec a začátek roku, taktéž měsíc bude v perfektní fázi, dokonce bude tzv. "modrý měsíc" (druhý úplněk v jednom kalendářním měsíci, celkem raritní úkaz). Jenže Covid... a taky naše vláda, která se s ním snaží bojovat, jenže naprosto zmatečně a bez koncepce. Takže, i když se ze začátku kasali, jak budou všechny informovat včas, aby mohli měnit plány, seškrtávat hosty atd., najednou mluví opět o lockdownu.... Proč? Zdá se, že volby nedopadly podle představ, lol.

Abych se trochu rozveselila, vyrazila jsem si na procházku za podzimním listím s tím, že nafotím pár fotek šatů, které jsem tuhle dokončila. Y mě chtěl samozřejmě také povzbudit, tak šel se mnou a nafotil mě. Šaty jsou z jemňoučké bavlny s podzimním vzorem lišek a sov. Brzy též nasdílím i fotky ze šití, tentokrát jsem totiž fotila i proces šití, jupí! (Na průběh šití se můžete podívat zde.) Střih je jeden z mých obvyklých, ale pohrála jsem si s rukávy. Testovala jsem si totiž rukávy na mé svatební šaty. Jinak svatební šaty sice ještě nejsou hotové, ale řekla bych, že mi to jde podezřele dobře a jsem na ně zatím hrdá. Ta držte palce ať je mohu i obléct...


diy autumn dress, vintage blogger, sewing blog, handmade dress, georgiana quaint
all photos by Y

| dress: made by me | handbag: Kara Blackbag #1 medium, faux croco anthracite |
| shoes: Deichmann | coat: vintage |

diy autumn dress, vintage blogger, sewing blog, handmade dress, georgiana quaint
This look :D I am cooking up something, maybe run for the hills.
Tenhle výraz :D mám něco za lubem, možná radši utíkej.

diy autumn dress, vintage blogger, sewing blog, handmade dress, georgiana quaint

diy autumn dress, vintage blogger, sewing blog, handmade dress, georgiana quaint

diy autumn dress, vintage blogger, sewing blog, handmade dress, georgiana quaint

diy autumn dress, vintage blogger, sewing blog, handmade dress, georgiana quaint


Comments