Vintage & secondhand shops in Krakow, Poland

This is the third (and probably last) part of my Krakow travelogue. The first article was about food and pubs, in the second part I wrote about culture and this third part is all about secondhands and vintage shops that I like to visit on my trips when I have a bit of time. As I have already mentioned you can find secondhands on almost every corner in Krakow, just pay attention. In this post I am writing only about those shops where I actually bought something or shops that I considered nice and I believe I would certainly find something to buy after a few visits.
Toto je třetí (a zřejmě poslední) část mého krakowského cestopisu. První článek se věnoval jídlu a hospodám, druhá část byla o kultuře a tento třetí díl bude o secondhandech a vintage obchodech, které ráda navštěvuji na výletch, kdykoliv mám čas. Jak jsem již zmiňovala, v Krakowě je najdete skoro na každém rohu, stačí být ve střehu. Rozepíšu se proto o konkrétních obchodech, kde jsem si něco pořídila nebo na mě působily dobře, a věřím, že po pár návštěvách bych odtamtud odešla s úlovkem.

secondhand shop krakow, krakow artus 94, biga secondhand, vintage classics krakow, vintage shop krakow, georgiana quaint

If you are a fan of thrift stores where you can uncover a treasure for a very cheap price among piles of average clothes, then I would recommend secondhand chains Biga (web) and Artus 94 (web). These two chains have numerous shops around Krakow and I would compare them to the Czech secondhand chain Textile House. If you want to really dive in I recommend the main shop of Artus 94 located on 29-listopada 94 near street Opolskiej. This is a huge warehouse and shop at the same time. I found there the bordeaux-brown dress on the photo.
Generally speaking I think that I liked Biga more. I bought there the black top with bead embroideryand the white necklace from beads that you can see on the photos. I also found a beautiful 1920s flapper style dress with heavy bead embroidery that I intended to buy even as an investment to re-sell later. But I unfortunately found out that it was sewn badly - the top fabric with beads was sewn to the lining of the dress, which created "pockets" round the bottom seam of the dress, which totally destroyed the silhouette. What a waste of work, such a tiny detail can destroy it all. I possibly could undo the stitches but it seemed a bit risky because you never know how much extra fabric is hidden behind the seam (it is usually only half or one centimeter, which does not leave you much space for work).
Pokud máte rádi hrabárny, kde můžete mezi množstvím průměrných hadříků najít poklady za velmi nízkou cenu, doporučím vám řetězce Biga (web) a Artus 94 (web). Tyto dva obchody mají pobočky po celém městě a nabídkou oblečení mi připomíná řetězec Textile House v ČR. Pokud byste měli zájem si pořádně zahrabat, pak doporučím hlavní pobočku Artus 94 na al. 29-listopada 94 nedaleko ul. Opolskiej. Na tomto místě je obrovský sklad a prodejna zároveň. Vyhrabala jsem tady bordovo-hnědé šaty na fotce.
Obecně bych asi řekla, že mi byl sympatičtější řetězec Biga. Z Biga mám černý top s korálkovou výšivkou a bílý náhrdelník z korálků, které si můžete prohlédnout na fotkách. V Biga jsem také objevila krásné korálky hustě vyšité šaty v 1920s flapper stylu, které jsem chtěla koupit, i kdybych je měla později přeprodat. Bohužel jsem však zjistila, že byly špatně ušité - těžká koráková výšivka zatěžovala svrchní látku, která byla napevno přišita k pevnější podšívce. Ve výsledku to na dolním lemu vytvářelo takové "kapsy" a dělalo to nehezkou siluetu. Strašná škoda práce, která se znehodnotila na takovém hloupém detailu. Podšívka by sice zřejmě šla na dolním lemu odpárat, ale myslím, že by to byla docela piplačka, která by nemusela dobře dopadnout, protože těžko říct, kolik látky navíc se schovává ve švech (většinou to bývá málo, půl až jeden centimetr, což nedává moc prostoru k manipulaci).

secondhand shop krakow, krakow artus 94, biga secondhand, vintage classics krakow, vintage shop krakow, georgiana quaint

The secondhand Flaming (Starowiślna street; facebook) offers contemporary clothes with a bit of retro vibe. You can find there women´s but also men´s clothes, which is not a matter of course. I find it interesting that they actually had 2 shops that were facing each other on the street Starowiślna. At the same time I enjoyed their shopping window displays.
Secondhand Flaming (ul. Starowiślna; facebook) nabízí současné oblečení v lehce retro stylu. Najdete tu jak dámské, tak pánské oddělení, což nebývá samozřejmostí. Připadalo mi zajímavé, že mají vlastně dvě pobočky, které se nacházejí naproti sobě na ulici Starowiślna. Zároveň jsem ocenila dekorace jejich výlohy a vchodu.

Originally I did not have the shop Zawsze Modnie  (Starowiślna 23) on my list but when I saw it I let myself draw into the shop. it is a tiny shop that is full up to the ceiling with racks of clothes and accessories. Their goods have a retro and vintage vibe. I bought there a cream white A-line dress with lace around the neck, a bit of 1960s vibe. I certainly recommend it.
Obchod Zawsze Modnie (ul. Starowiślna 23) jsem původně ani neměla na seznamu, ale když už jsem šla kolem, nechala jsem se vsát dovnitř. Jde o maličký obchod, který je po strop naplněný štendry s oblečením a doplňky. Věci mají rovněž lehce retro a vintage styl. Ulovila jsem zde krémově bílé šaty Ačkového střihu s krajkovým sedlem, tak trochu v 1960s stylu. Určitě doporučuji navštívit.

The shop Vintage Classics (Józefa street; facebook) will certainly be worth your visit. They sell their own 1950s inspired dresses that you will find close to the entrance but also true vintage treasures. This shop is almost like a muzeum where you can look at everything up close but also buy if you fall in love with something. I was completely fascinated by various small hats, it is a shame that they are not that fashionable any more.
Obchod Vintage Classics (ul. Józefa; facebook) určitě stojí za návštěvu. Prodávají vlastní šaty stylizované do 1950s, které najdete na štendru hned u vchodu, ale i skutečné vintage poklady. Obchůdek je skoro jako muzeum, kde si můžete vše zblízka prohlédnout a i zakoupit, pokud vám něco padne do oka. Já byla naprosto fascinovaná kloboučky, škoda, že se v dnešní době tolik nenosí.

I also wanted to include vintage shop Vanilla (Meiselsa 7; facebook) in this article although I did not visit it. When I was there they unfortunately had a note saying something like "I´ll be back soon" on the door. Judging from the shopping window this shop looked very promising when it comes to true vintage items. Maybe next time...
Do tohoto článku jsem chtěla zahrnout i vintage obchod Vanilla (ul. Meiselsa 7; facebook), který jsem však bohužel nenavštívila, protože zrovna měli na dveřích cedulku ve stylu "přijdu hned". Skrze výlohu ale vypadal obchod nadějně a měli jistě spoustu krásných skutečně vintage věcí. Možná příště...

secondhand shop krakow, krakow artus 94, biga secondhand, vintage classics krakow, vintage shop krakow, georgiana quaint


○○○
Check out my other lists:
○ Vintage & second-hand shops in Plzeň, Czech Republic
○ Vintage & second-hand shops in Bratislava, Slovakia

Comments