Second hand shopping in Plzeň

There are a few interesting secondhand shops with clothes in Plzeň that are worthy of a visit. I have to admit though that in the past years I have witnessed a lowering quality of the clothes there. It is possible that my taste has changed and I am more picky, but I suspect that generally the quality of clothes everywhere declined, even in the shops with new garments (unless you go for local designers or higher price points - however even here I do see corners cut and the materials are blended, not  a 100% wool for example).

V Plzni je několik fajn second hand obchodů s oblečením, které stojí za návštěvu. Musím ale přiznat, že v posledních letech jsem si povšimla klesající kvality věcí, které v nich lze najít. Je možné, že je to tím, že se mění můj vkus a jsem více vybíravější, ale více bych podezírala, že obecně kvalita oblečení a materiálů klesla i v normálních obchodech s novým zbožím (pokud vyloženě nejdete za lokálními designéry nebo nehledáte v cenově znatelně vyšších hladinách - a i zde vídám nižší kvalitu materiálů, jsou mnohem častěji směsové, nikoliv např. 100% vlna).


Another hit to my thrifting was blown by the pandemic when everything closed and I do not really thrift for clothes online - I like to go on a treasure hunt, I like to touch materials. When it comes to clothes I like to bring some from my vacations as I have it then tied with the experience there and with the place. For example when I was in Germany last time we stayed in Regensburg for two days and I discovered a wonderful secondhand shop there where a significant part of their display were dirndl parts, so I managed to thrift a violet dirndl apron and a short white dirndl blouse that I wear under dresses when I would get cold already without it, but still too hot to wear a long blouse under a dress - basically when I only need sleeves added.

Další ránu mému hrabání v sekáčích jistě zasadila pandemie, kdy všechny tyto kamenné prodejny musely být zavřeny. A prohlížet online sekáče mě nebaví, takže tímto způsobem obvykle oblečení z druhé ruky nenakupuji - mám totiž ráda ten požitek z hledání pokladů. Pokud jde o oblečení, tak si na něj ráda sáhnu, jsem haptická. Často si také vozím oblečení z dovolených a mám ty kusy pak spojené s nějakým místem či zážitkem. Například na poslední dovolené v Německu jsme pobyli dva dny v Regensburgu, kde jsem natrefila na dokonalý secondhand, kde velká část sortimentu byly součásti jejich kroje dirndlu - přivezla jsem si odtud fialovou zástěru a krátkou bílou blůzu pod dirndl, kterou občas nosím pod šaty, když už by mi v nich byla zima, ale na dlouhou blůzu je zase horko - prostě potřebuji jen přidat rukávy.


Annnnnd it´s gone - they were closed for two weeks. It is summer and holidays so I haven´t thought about it much. The other day I thought I will go check as I haven´t seen any update on their socials and the place empty :(

They still have shops in other cities, but this one was conveniently close.

A je fuč - měli asi dva týdny volno. Vzhledem k tomu, že je léto a jsou prázdniny, tak jsem si o tom nim moc nemyslela. Tuhle jsem tam zašla a zjistila, že obchod je pryč, prostor je prázdný :(

Ještě mají pobočky v dalších městech, ale tato byla prostě blíže.


But let´s return to the pandemic time. At that time we went on a lot of walks - to nature, to the neighbourhood and further, discovering places old and new and then Y told me he saw that a new secondhand is about to be opened at "Atom" (Profi second hand, Sokolovská 1327/74, Plzeň CLOSED) and that I have to check it out! I kinda disregarded it as I did hear about it but it didn´t really catch my attention, so I did not plan a visit. Some time went by and we got a flyer with a coupon for a discount, so I thought I will check it out after all, maybe something will grab my attention and oh boy! Since that moment I am almost impatiently waiting for opening on the days they have new stuff. And I am definitely not alone - once I even took a pic for Y to see the queue of teenagers, moms and older ladies waiting for the opening at 9 in the morning.

Zpět ale k pandemii. V té době jsme hodně chodili na procházky - procházky přírodou, ale i sousedními i vzdálenějšími čtvrtěmi. Objevovali jsme tu známé i neznámé kouty a tehdy mi Y řekl, že viděl, že se v "Atomu" (Profi second hand, Sokolovská 1327/74, Plzeň ZRUŠENO) připravuje nový secondhand, že tam určitě musím zajít! Trochu jsem nad tím mávla rukou. O něčem takovém jsem slyšela už předtím, ale vlastně mě to vůbec nezaujalo. Návštěvu jsem teda moc neplánovala. O nějaký měsíc později nám přišel leták o tomto second handu se slevou nad nějakou útratu, tak jsem se nechala zlákat - třeba mě něco nakonec zaujme a oh boy! Od té doby tam skoro stojím na značkách každé ráno, kdy vyhlásí, že bude nové zboží. A nejsem v tom rozhodně jediná :D Jednou jsem si tu frontu teenagerů, mamin  a seniorek i vyfotila, abych Y ukázala, jak to před 9 ráno před Profi second handem v den nového zboží vypadá.


Since then I managed to find there a lot of lovely pieces. I like that they also have clothes made of nice materials - I have a wool sweater from there, or a red velvet dress from Pretty dress company - this is one of my best finds from there. I also got there a perfect real leather jacket for 200 CZK - I really wanted a leather jacket back then and was prepared to invest a few thousands in it, however each I saw had weird fit (it did not fit me at all) or some decorative nonsense that had no real function, and suddenly there it is hanging on a rack - it fits me perfectly, has simple design and the price is ridiculously low. And I am truly happy to give another life to all these pretty things that would otherwise get tossed somewhere on a landfill.

Od té doby jsem tam ulovila hodně dost hezkých věcí. Líbí se mi, že mají i kvalitnější materiály - mám odtud např. vlněný rolák. Ale i červené sametové šaty od Pretty dress company - ty považuji za jeden u nejhezčích úlovků odtud. Sehnala jsem tu i dokonalou pravou koženou bundu za dvě stovky - koženou bundu jsem tehdy sháněla a byla jsem ochotná do ní i investovat několik tisíc, ale pokaždé mi střih neseděl, divně se to krabatilo, nebo měla nesmyslné dekorativní ozdoby bez žádné funkce. A najednou  bum, přijdu sem a na štendru u dveří visí kožená bunda co mi sedí a je jednoduchá v designu, navíc za směšnou cenu. Jsem ráda, že mohu takovým kouskům dopřát ještě další život a neskončily někde na skládce.


So that´s my current go to place for thrifting - Profi second hand - they also have more places in other cities in Czechia if you are not located in Plzeň. Don´t buy out the best pieces though ;)

Tak tohle je teď mé oblíbené místo na hrabání, sekáč, chcete-li - Profi second hand - mají i více poboček v dalších českých městech, pokud nejste zrovna v Plzni. Hlavně mi to tam teď nevykupte ;)


nejlepší second hand plzeň, sekáč plzeň, vintage shop, vintage Plzeň, where to shop in Plzeň, online sekáč, fashion secondhand, georgiana quaint, gangar pokémon


○○○
Check out my other posts about thrifting:
○ Vintage & second-hand shops in Bratislava, Slovakia
○ Vintage & second-hand shops in Krakow, Poland
○ Vintage & second-hand shops in Budapest, Hungary
Vinokilo thrift market at Pragovka in Prague


*This post is not sponsored. / Tento článek není sponzorován.*

Comments

  1. On one hand I'm happy not to buy many clothes as before, I really don't need everything. However, while I am not short on charity shops here, I really miss clothes swap events. That's how I could afford to experiment with so many clothes and styles for so many years. Can find none since 2020. I will keep searching every so often. Also a good second hand place I went to in east London has closed down. I feel like it is harder to get good quality stuff again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think swaps are not that common here, at least in my city, or I am not running in the right circles to really see and be included in these events. Here and there (maybe twice a year?) there is a bigger one organied at quite a big venue, though I always thought of swaps as a happening or a smaller event maybe tied to some festival.
      Quality materials are definitely more rare nowadays.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your input, I will get back to you as soon as possible! :3